[Linphone-developers] Video call on Android without OpenGL ES 2

From: Balder Mørk
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Video call on Android without OpenGL ES 2
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:26:17 +0200

Hi,
I am working on an Android app that will use liblinphone for receiving calls (preferably video) from SIP clients. My app will probably have to work on quite limited devics, including some that don't have OpenGL ES 2.0 support. From what I can see, AndroidVideoWindowImpl.java has code for doing software rendering (controlled by the useGLrendering member), but I can only get the video rendering to work if I feed AndroidVideoWindowImpl a GL2JNIView object.

I checked the archives, but I couldn't find any mention of this:
1) Is it possible to make mediastreamer2/liblinphone do software rendering on devices without OpenGL ES 2 support?
2) How does Linphone handle this problem?

Balder Mørk