Re: [Linphone-developers] Compress RTP packets in Linphone

From: Gunnar Hellstrom
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Compress RTP packets in Linphone
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:11:04 +0200

For RTP headers, I think RFC2508 is a good idea. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2508.
For RTP payload, you probably get best compression by negotiating a good codec already included in Linphone.

Regards
Gunnar Hellstrom.

On 2014-07-25 09:18, kaushik parmar wrote:
Hello,

I want to compress RTP packets in linphone. Can anyone guide me or give me suggestion to achieve compression of media packets in linphone? I have referred LZ77 , LZW , Huffman , ROHC algorithm for compression. Is there any specific file that can compress RTP packets in linphone? Is there any library file that can be used in linphone to achieve media compression?

--
Kind regards,

Kaushik Parmar