[Linphone-developers] Detect video size change OR set proportions to fil

From: Gonzalo Larralde
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Detect video size change OR set proportions to fill scale the screen.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 01:26:58 -0300

(I'm re-sending this email because I couldn't see it in the mail archive. I assume it wasn't delivered by some reason. Sorry if you got this twice)

Hi Guys.

I'm trying to configure the video view to fill the entire screen proportionally. I'm working with 2 different approachs to accomplish this, but both requires me to get an event fired when the video size changes.

My constraints are: I'm running this on iOS and Android, and I can't modify nor patch liblinphone code.

The thing is, I couldn't find an event to set a hook and get notified of this event. I've set a timer to check the video resolution with an 100ms interval, as a temporary / testing solution. I can't use this in production because the video glitch is very noticeable.

Digging into the code, I've found there are two events I can eventually override (by replacing the internal Linphone callback and putting a proxy that intercepts the cb, detects the msg, and call the proper function):

2014-07-10 09:59:55.050 [79764:60b] event_cb called 1074069760
2014-07-10 09:59:55.050 [79764:60b] First video frame decoded successfully

As soon as this log entries are displayed my resolution change detector, fires.

So, I noticed that maybe I can override this callback: video_stream_event_cb. I'm working on this.

BUT (tl;dr? get here!)

I wanted to check with you guys, if there's a more reliable/official way to be noticed of resolution changes, or to set the video view to fulfill the entire rect properly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Gonzalo Larralde.