[Linphone-developers] linphonec register with pass on Windows

From: Stian Hvatum
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphonec register with pass on Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:29:15 +0100

Hello,
I am trying to controll linphonec from a Java application using stream
redirection. This work very well, except on Windows, the register
command somehow seems to not pass on the password. I have compiled
linphone from source and changed a few lines in lpc_cmd_register to get
things working (now register works in linphonec using Windows).

My changes are as following:
in commands.c around line 1933: (this is in lpc_cmd_register, which is
called when the register command from linphonec is executed)
-
info=linphone_auth_info_new(NULL,NULL,passwd,NULL,NULL,linphone_address_get_username(from));
+
info=linphone_auth_info_new(linphone_address_get_username(from),linphone_address_get_username(from),passwd,NULL,NULL,NULL);

that is, put linphone_address_get_username(from) into username and
userid, password is left as it was, and NULL is set as both realm and
domain. I thought the parameters sent to linphone_auth_info_new was
rather strange, and thus I wonder if it was set like it was for any
spesific reason that I don't understand? Specially why was/is the
username passed on as realm?

Source was checked out yesterday, but it seems to have stayed this way
for a long time.

Br.
Stian Hvatum