Re: [Linphone-developers] mingw compile who succeeds and with which vers

From: Margaux Clerc
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] mingw compile who succeeds and with which versions
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:28:52 +0100

Hi Angelo,

Can you explain the problems you encounter ?

Cheers,

--
Margaux CLERC
www.belledonne-communications.com

2013/12/27 Angelo <address@hidden>
Hi,

I have problems compiling linphone under windows. Within the last few years I succeeded twice without any problems and three times I had quite some issues.

I have the impression, that compiling linphone is veeeery sensitive to versions of tools / libraries / etc.

Thus I'd like to identify the most recent good set of libraries, linphone versions, mingw versions.

Could anybody help me out who succeeded compiling linbphone for windows (I'm using windows 7 64 bits, but don't really care for the 64 bits, so whether compile a 64 bit version or a 32 bit version doesn't matter to me, as long as I can build at all)

If you were successful building linphone for windows, could you please give me some info like:
- the OS version you were using
- the mingw version
- the git version of linphone
- the versions for
 linphone-deps (or did you compile everything manually?)
 the version of intltools
 the gtk-bundle version (or did you use something else)
 the version of GTK2-Outcrop.tar.gz

Please tell me as well, whether you did anything differently than suggested in the README.mingw file, which is part of the
source code repository

Thanks a lot in advance for any help to get almost any version of linphone compiled (the more recent the better of course).

The reason why I don't want to have a binary release is, learning more about this application, trying to modify the UI or a command line version, . . . well just playing with the code.