[Linphone-developers] Build Linphone for Android (Eclipse Windows 7 anyo

From: DaveO
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Build Linphone for Android (Eclipse Windows 7 anyone using this)?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:39:49 +0000

Hello everyone,

It appears I'm not the only person with this issue, but none of the SERs has a solution that I've been able to implement.

I'm trying to re-create an .APK from the GIT source, ideally on Win7 using Eclipse, but I've also tried this on Linux (also Eclipse, from the ADT bundle).  On Win7 I used both my existing Eclipse set up for Android dev and a newly downloaded ADT bundle.

Using my exsiting setup there were tones of errors, it is fairly old.

Using the new ADT bundle on both Windows and Linux I end up with a build error as below.  The source was fetched both with CLI GIT and the Eclipse GIT plugin. The result is the same.

The command that generated the error is:

C:\myfiles\adt-workspace\linphone-android>d:\android-ndk-r9c\ndk-build

I would be very keen to know if anyone knows how to resolve this, or has a list of steps that I can use to complile the .APK from the source?

It would *seem* that all I need is to download libavutil-linphone-arm.so but I can't find it anywhere and I'm not sure how to compile it if indeed I even have the source somewhere within the linphone download.

This is the error:
D:\android-ndk-r9c\ndk-build.cmd all
Android NDK: ERROR:jni/..//submodules/externals/build/ffmpeg/Android.mk:avutil-linphone: LOCAL_SRC_FILES points to a missing file
Android NDK: Check that jni/..//submodules/externals/build/ffmpeg/arm/libavutil/libavutil-linphone-arm.so exists  or that its path is correct
D:/android-ndk-r9c/build/core/prebuilt-library.mk:45: *** Android NDK: Aborting    .  Stop.

Regards,
Dave