[Linphone-developers] oRTP patches

From: Vadim Zhukov
Subject: [Linphone-developers] oRTP patches
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 01:52:03 +0400

Hello all.

I'm Vadim Zhukov, the maintainer of oRTP port in OpenBSD.

I want to present two patches for oRTP that we have here, in OpenBSD
ports tree. Unfortunately, the only oRTP-specific email I found on
site at http://www.linphone.org/eng/documentation/dev/ortp.html did
not answer for two weeks, so I send those patches here - if I got it
right, Linphone project is actual upstream anyway?

One patch adds support for arc4random() set of functions, that are
spread in *BSD and probably other OSes. They offer good random source
without need to open files (useful for chrooted environments, for
example) and with real uniform distribution in any given range.

The other patch fixes build on platforms where "char" type is unsigned
by default: GCC issues a warning about extra comparision in lines
209..213, and due to -Werror this warning becomes fatal. After looking
at the code I realized that it's easier to force using "unsigned char"
for the "characters" variable, effectively removing many little chunks
of code.

Thank you for your time and sorry for any possible inconvience.