[Linphone-developers] Enabling H264 support in Linphone for iOS

From: Ameghino Nicolas
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Enabling H264 support in Linphone for iOS
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:54:12 -0300

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable H264 when compiling from source for the Linphone iOS app,
but so far, I've found very little success.
I can get the project to compile successfully, make calls, and such, but the
available bandwidth presses for me to use H264.
I've read on the site that, when Linphone-iphone is compiled from source, H264
support is enabled by default, but the only codec I find on the video part of
the settings for the app is VP8.
I also read that H264 requires a commercial license and such, but this is only
to test if H264 will work for my particular use case.
Finally, I tried recompiling the app and liblinphone both with and without GPL
third parties, to no difference.

What steps should I take next? Is H264 still available when building from
source?

Thank you!
Nico