Re: [Linphone-developers] PCMA - PCMU codec

From: Alastair Johnson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] PCMA - PCMU codec
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:11:09 +0100

On Tuesday 17 April 2012 10:23:25 Nicolás Pernas Maradei wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ll use Linphone with a SIP service that only support PCMU and PCMA codec.
>
> It’s possible to completely disable all Linphone codec except for this two?

You shouldn't need to disable them as a mutually acceptable codec should be
negotiated - if not there's a bug! If you still want to disable the other
codecs you can (certainly on linux and android, probably on others too). Go to
the menu and pick Settings or Preferences, then go to Codecs - the interface
and naming varies slightly depending on platform, but they will allow you to
enable, disable and change order of preference for codecs.