[Linphone-developers] Devices where Linphone Video Call works

From: John Eddie Ayson
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Devices where Linphone Video Call works
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:58:34 +0800

Hi,

I am about to buy an android tablet for my project. I will need to include linphone in my app for video calls. However, I have seen some reviews/feedbacks that say that there are some problems with the video call on certain devices.

I would like to ask if there is already a list of android devices where Linphone Video Calls are proven/reported to be working?

If there are none, maybe you could answer some questions for me.

Does the video call work for devices with ARMv7 Cortex-A9? From my searches, I only see positive feedbacks on Cortex-A8 devices.

It has also been reported that video call does not work on Honeycomb (3.0). I haven't seen reviews for devices with later android os versions (3.1, 3.2), has anyone tried it yet?

To be more specific, here is a list of tablets that I am choosing from. If you are using any one of them, I will really appreciate it if you could tell me whether it can utilize linphone's video call capabilities.
   Archos 7.0, 10.1
   Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0, 7.0+,8.9, 10.1
   HTC Flyer
   Acer Iconia

Thanks,

John Eddie Ayson
Student, University of the Philippines - Diliman