Re: [Linphone-developers] updated German translation for Linphone 3.4.2

From: Gerhard Stengel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] updated German translation for Linphone 3.4.2
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 23:26:13 +0200

Hi Simon,

I also followed this up, but came to a point where my knowledge about this
intltool stuff comes to an end.
See my postings in the thread "nb_NO translation, seems to be missing strings,
???"

The ui files are processed, but intltool-extract can't get anything out. Maybe
it's called with wrong parameters for the
file type *.ui.

I'm looking forward to complete the translation once it works again ;-)

best regards

Gerhard

Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 22:08:25 schrieb Simon Morlat:
> Hi Gerhard,
>
> Thank you for your contribution.
> Regarding the set of untranslateable strings I did a small
> investigation, and I noticed that indeed all the strings that are in
> the .ui xml files (gtk ui xml describing the widgets) are no more
> translated.
> I think it got lost while moving from libglade to GtkBuilder.
> This is a bug, I don't who is the culprit.
> These files are in po/POTFILES.in so they SHOULD be processed by
> intltool to lookup for translatable strings.
> I'm doing the investigation...
>
> Simon
>
> Le vendredi 01 avril 2011 à 00:13 +0200, Gerhard Stengel a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've updated the de.po file in the linphone release 3.4.2. Here it is:
> >
> > Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of strings that are untranslateable.
> > And there are others which I've no clue
where
> > they may show up somewhere in the GUI.
> >
> > What is the status of localization in Linphone? I'm a bit disappointed that
> > after having done the work to translate
each