Re: [Linphone-developers] Suggestions for UI Layout for Avahi Discovered

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Suggestions for UI Layout for Avahi Discovered Agents
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:29:37 -0300

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 16:08 (-0400), Abhishek Srivastava wrote:

>>I suspect that for 90-some% of linphone users, this would not be useful.
> This is quite surprising. I thought it was quite the opposite :-)
Well, there you go.  Perhaps we're both wrong and it is an even 50-50
split :-)

In my usage, I typically want to talk to someone tens, hundreds, or
thousands of kms away, so they won't be on my LAN.  For people on my
LAN, I'd probably pick up the phone and make a local call.  But of
course that situation does not apply to everyone.

>>So while I wouldn't discourage your development, it would be nice if
>>there was a compile-time option to not compile that capability in, to
>>avoid code bloat for people who don't want it.
> I wonder if the gtk tags in "main.ui" can also be compiled out ? I am
> new to gtk development :-P
Sorry, I can't help you.  I haven't played with that part of the code.

                                Jim