[Linphone-developers] Audio/Video synchronization in Linphone

From: Raseel Bhagat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Audio/Video synchronization in Linphone
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:54:35 +0530

Hi,

I've recently started looking at Linphone's source code, so bear with me if I'm asking some very basic questions.

I see that the video and audio streams are started in video_stream_start() and audio_stream_start_full() respectively.
However, these functions are called one after the other in linphone_core_start_media_streams() during a call.
So, there doesn't seem to be any actual syncing between the audio and video.
I tried a basic verification of this by inserting a minimal sleep between the start of both the streams.

Of course I did notice that even when these streams are started serially, there is hardly any delay between the audio and video.

So, am I missing the code where the syncing actually happens or is my above assumption correct ?

--
Raseel