[Linphone-developers] Building a modified linphone for Windows XP

From: Jos Huybrighs
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Building a modified linphone for Windows XP
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:09:09 +0200

Hi,

I got the task to integrate a SIP user agent on an embedded Windows XP machine.
The out-of-the-box linphone package can't be used since there is no user interface on the machine itself (the UI is delivered by a webserver) and so I have to do some development and build a special version of linphone.

I have the impression that building a modified linphone is do-able by developing some kind of 'SIPCallController' component, which 'speaks' with a browser (through some eventing concept, e.g. COMET), and which interacts with linphone's core through the available API.

To do that, what would be the suggested development environment?
- I hoped to do this with Visual Studio, but the first attempts I made seem to indicate that this will not work (without serious modifications in various header files of linphone, mediastreamer, and oRTP).
- Can I instead use MinGW (with gcc, etc.) in a Windows Eclipse environment? A powerful debugging environment is important for me.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jos