[Linphone-developers] How to add new video decoder and encoder to the me

From: Harishkumar V
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to add new video decoder and encoder to the mediasteamer2
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:37:25 +0530

Hi,

I am using linphone on my ARM board, i want to add hardware encoder and decoder in the mediastreamer2.

While, i am going through the mediastream2 src, i found out the following,

videostream.c , videoenc.c , videodec.c handling video related stuff.

Also, video_stream_start() and video_stream_stop() .

I am little bit confused, how the flow works between 2 connections,

encoding process:

codec choose depends upon BW -> encode the frame -> rtp send

decoding process:

rtp recv -> choose the codec -> decode the frame -> displaying it.

Also, how this entire flow continuously running and syncing with the application. is it running like thread.

Is MS Video ticker is responsible for that.

Thanks and Regards,
Harish Kumar.V

--
Thanks and Regards,