Re: [Linphone-developers] is mediaStreamer code scalable for 100-200 aud

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] is mediaStreamer code scalable for 100-200 audio calls
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:14:19 +0200

Hi,

audio_stream_start_with_files() does not block. I'm very suprised with
what you are observing.
If you want to reach the best performance, you 'll have to modify this
function so that the same MSTicker object is shared between the audio
streams. Ideally you might want to have only one MSTicker per machine
core, and I think 200 pcmu/pcma audio streams fit on a single
core/MSTicker.
The MSTicker is a real-time thread responsible for scheduling the
graphs, and of course it can handle multiple graphs simultaneously.

Simon