[Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.2.1 doesn't know when to stop

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.2.1 doesn't know when to stop
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:24:02 -0400

Hi all,

I am having problems with linphone 3.2.1 not knowing when to stop.

That is, sometimes the call is disconnected either because
- the other end disconnected, or
- there was a network problem of some sort (this happens to me often,
  I haven't figured it out yet) and the two ends are disconnected from
  each other

In many disconnection cases, linphone-3 merrily keeps on sending
packets (presumably video, given the bandwidth consumed) down the
line, and it leaves the video window showing the last received frame
from the other end.  Not only does this eat up bandwidth, but it also
pretty much means I have to restart linphone-3 for things to work
again.  If I don't restart it and try to do another call, the video
window flashes between the last video frame from the previous call and
the current video.

Curiously, I've seen this happen even in the case where the rest of
the gui knows that the call is dropped.  That is, the main gui window
switches itself from the "call in progress" view to the "ready to make
a call" view, and the "start call" button is active, while the
"terminate call" button is inactive.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks.
                                Jim