Re: [Linphone-developers] How to enable GSM support

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] How to enable GSM support
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:28:16 +0200

Hi Conrad,

You need to install libgsm1 and libgsm1-dev (hope they exist), and rebuild
linphone from scratch.
Maybe we should suggest to debian developpers to add libgsm as a required
dependency. For sure this codec is important.
For building on ubuntu, you need to install various libraries (check the name,
I tell this from memory:)
apt-get install libosip2-dev libeXosip2-dev libspeex-dev libspeexdsp-dev
libgtk2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev libgsm1-dev

The ffmpeg libraries delivered by debian and ubuntu have video encoder removed
because of patents problems. Thus you'll need to either build ffmpeg from
source (./configure --enable-shared && make && make install), or install it
from www.debian-multimedia.org (unofficial packages, but full featured).

Best regards,

Simon