[Linphone-developers] [mediastreamer] [patch] avoid auto-dependencies

From: Mounir Lamouri
Subject: [Linphone-developers] [mediastreamer] [patch] avoid auto-dependencies
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:16:26 -0400

Hi,

I'm a gentoo developer and I've just wrote an ebuild for the last
mediastreamer (2.2.3) library to make easier the ebuild writing of
linphone-3.1.0.

When writing this ebuild I realized mediastreamer was doing a lot of
auto-magic dependencies. I don't know if this term is gentooish so I
will explain it briefly : it consist to add a feature by checking if a
package is installed but without letting the user deactivate this
feature even if he has the package installed. In other words, this means
if I've theora installed it doesn't mean I automatically want it to be
used by mediastreamer.

So my patch [1] is adding new optional features in the configure script
(oss, gsm, jack, speex, theora and x11 if i remember correctly).
There an automagic dep remaining, v4l. But it looks like it can't be
really disabled (msv4l is including v4l headers even if not detected).

Let me know if you are willing to merge the patch in your trunk.

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~volkmar/mediastreamer-2.2.3-autodeps.patch

Thanks,
Mounir