[Linphone-developers] videostreamer2 on windows

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: [Linphone-developers] videostreamer2 on windows
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:42:18 +0100

Hello,

We're still struggling to integrate videostreamer2 into QuteCom and we're stumbled on major
problem in windows.

If ms_init is called from the thread different from one that calls ms_webcam_create_reader
the ...create_reader call block indefintey in the capCaptureGetSetup.

The problem is that capCaptureGetSetup is a macro using SendMessage api, which in this case sends a message to a window which belongs to a thread without Windows message loop.
So  the SendMessage never returns....

Simon what do you think about possible fixes:
1) mediastreamer can create a special thread which will create the capture window and will execute a message loop 2) reorganzie the code to redo capCaptureWindow is called again when video stream is started

Thanks
Vadim