Re: [Linphone-developers] releasing sound card

From: Cameron Barfield
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] releasing sound card
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:15:23 -0700

Hi, Julian --

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that mediastreamer only opens the sound card when there's audio to play. I've had instances where my sound card wasn't getting initialized, but linphone didn't throw any errors until it tried to ring for an incoming call.

What sound card are you using on your blackfin board? If you're using the AD1980/AD1981, ADI has recently added MMAP support to the distro and kernel so that DMIX can be used to handle multiple connections to the same sound card.

Regards,
Cameron

Jay Woo wrote:
Hello,
I came accross a problem during development of an application, that uses linphone api for voip communication (uCLiniux on Blackfin board). The issue is as follows: during initialization Linphone opens a soundcard device (/dev/fsk) and releases it as linphone core object is destroyed. There is another part of the application uses /dev/fsk as well (only when linphone is idle) and requires exclusive access to it to issue some ioctl. What I need is to find some way to make linphone open /dev/fsk only when it is about to use it (when conversation is about to begin) and release the handle as soon as the rtp session ends. Of course I could close the whole linphone core, but I want it to keep listening for incoming sip calls. My question: is there any straightforward method to do this (without modifying linphone source) just by calling some functions from linphonecore.c like sound_config_uninit, etc. Thanks in advance for even mere suggestions. Julian