[Linphone-developers] releasing sound card

From: Jay Woo
Subject: [Linphone-developers] releasing sound card
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:46:53 +0100

Hello,
I came accross a problem during development of an application, that uses linphone api for voip communication (uCLiniux on Blackfin board). The issue is as follows:
during initialization Linphone opens a soundcard device (/dev/fsk) and releases it as linphone core object is destroyed.
There is another part of the application uses /dev/fsk as well (only when linphone is idle) and requires exclusive access to it to issue some ioctl. What I need is to find some way to make linphone open /dev/fsk only when it is about to use it (when conversation is about to begin) and release the handle as soon as the rtp session ends. Of course I could close the whole linphone core, but I want it to keep listening for incoming sip calls.
My question: is there any straightforward method to do this (without modifying linphone source) just by calling some functions from linphonecore.c like sound_config_uninit, etc.

Thanks in advance for even mere suggestions.

Julian