Re: [Linphone-developers] how to solve ortp-warning :"we are late of xxx

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] how to solve ortp-warning :"we are late of xxx miliseconds"
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:45:05 +0100

Hi

Which version of mediastreamer2, and running on which OS (windows, linux,
macosx ?).
Those warnings say that the MSTicker thread isn't scheduled enough by the OS's
scheduler or simply runnning late because it is doing too much cpu cycles for
the speed of your processor.
Lastest cvs version of mediastreamer2 improves the first point on windows by
setting a higher priority .
On linux it's not necessary since kernel-2.6 does very good job even for
normal priority processes.

Simon