Re: [Linphone-developers] RTCP packet for every RTP packet?

From: Nicholas J Humfrey
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTCP packet for every RTP packet?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:08:11 +0100

Did you define a PayloadType for your MPEG2 stream at 48khz ?

I didn't, no. I have changed it now, and created a PayloadType 14, with a 90kHz timestamp clock (as RFC2250). It is now sending out RTCP packets at a much more sensible rate.

PayloadType     payload_type_mpeg_audio={
        PAYLOAD_AUDIO_PACKETIZED, // type
        90000,  // clock rate
        0,              // bytes per sample N/A
        NULL,   // zero pattern N/A
        0,              // pattern_length N/A
        0,              // normal_bitrate
        "mpa",        // MIME Type
        0               // flags
};

I didn't set any of the other parameters, because I am sending out multiple streams, with different bitrates from a single process.

Is there are a reason that this static payload type wasn't already built-into oRTP?

Thanks for your help,

nick.