[Linphone-developers] new automake declaration style

From: Francois-Xavier 'FiX' KOWALSKI
Subject: [Linphone-developers] new automake declaration style
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:09:50 +0200

Hello Linphone developpers,

the linphone & ortp hook to automake has changed according to the following statement found in automake source code:

# AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(PACKAGE, VERSION, [NO-DEFINE])
# AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([OPTIONS])
# -----------------------------------------------
# The call with PACKAGE and VERSION arguments is the old style
# call (pre autoconf-2.50), which is being phased out.  PACKAGE
# and VERSION should now be passed to AC_INIT and removed from
# the call to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.
# We support both call styles for the transition.  After
# the next Automake release, Autoconf can make the AC_INIT
# arguments mandatory, and then we can depend on a new Autoconf
# release and drop the old call support.

The objective of this change is to fix the problem often found when building linphone with automake>=1.9. Please report me any problem/issue you may have with this change.

br.

--
__________ //_ o \\/ Francois-Xavier "FiX" KOWALSKI // // /\\ Everything is disclaimed, including disclaimer.