Re: [Linphone-developers] ORTP - CLOCK RATE Changes ?

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ORTP - CLOCK RATE Changes ?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:12:20 +0200

Hi Ram,

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 20:06 +0530, Ram wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am using ORTP for windows.
>
>  Right now the clock rate is 8KHZ.
>

> If i want to make the clock rate to be 48KHZ (48K Samples/Second)
> Each Sample 32 Bits Wide (4 bytes)
> 2 Channels.
> ie 48KHZ/2 channesls/4 bytes per sample
>

> What changes i need to make to the code to work ?.

It depends on what kind of codec you are using. The mediastreamer is
hardcoded to use a scheduling period of 20ms (160 samples at 8KHz). If
your packet frequency is different (due to different packet size or
samplerate), you may need to change that (mstimer.c).

Also the jitterctrl needs some tuning, but I'm not sure what exactly
must be changed, but as a fact it becomes unstable at lower packet
periods.

Best Regards,
Manuel