[Linphone-developers] Adding Proxy Require to SIP Registration

From: James Sapara
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Adding Proxy Require to SIP Registration
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:27:49 -0600

Hello,

I'm trying to interface with some nortel sip gateways from behind a firewall. These gateways support the "Proxy-Require" attribute when registering with the SIP gateway. Here's an example of a nortel client connecting with the proxy require. To my knowledge it only needs to be included onces at registration. The gateway handles the rest. libosip 0.9.7 supports this setting from what I can tell, but I'm looking to add it to the linphone configuration file if I can. What would be really easy is if the linphone configuration files supported adding arbitrary attributes to certain messages. I can only see this being useful for registration, but perhaps there are other particular uses which it could apply to as well. Anyways, here's the dump of an example session for those who need it.

REGISTER sip:betalab:5060 SIP/2.0
t: <sip:address@hidden>
f: <sip:address@hidden>;tag=2144400983
i: address@hidden
CSeq: 1 REGISTER
v: SIP/2.0/UDP *.*.*.*:5060
x-nt-GUID: fb882ed0ad4be2ccafa4d0668266e0874947f9
x-nt-location: 84406
Accept-Encoding: nt-im-2.0
m: <sip:address@hidden:5060;maddr=*.*.*.*>;description="Login";expires=86200
Proxy-Require: com.nortelnetworks.firewall
l: 0

James