Re: [Linphone-developers] jack

From: Will Kemp
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] jack
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:20:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Tobias Gehrig wrote:

> I had to restart linphone to be able to use jack. If you don't need the
> ability to reconnect to jack when necessary, you can use the code I
> posted first (27th august).

i've got it working and it seems to work well. it's kinda neat the way it
disconnects from the alsa output when you hang up, and reconnects when you
make a call, but stays connected to other clients! although that was a
little disconcerting when i saw it first! ;-)

however, when no call is in progress, the output from linphone is a rather
unpleasant, fairly high amplitude buzz. this might not be a major problem
for recording from the phone, as it can always be edited out, but it's not
really very desirable in general.

any ideas about this?

cheers
will