Re: [Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Echo Canceler
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:11:07 +0200

Hello,

I've just had a look on your excellent work, thank you very much.
I saw that you implemented a 2-input 2-output MSFilter to achieve this, this is actually exactly the right way... but I didn't think that the mediastreamer was able to nearly correctly handle those kind of complex graphs... Actually the scheduling algorithm I've implemented was first designed to run simple linear graphs. You haven't experienced strange things about that ? Anyway as it works I will integrate it into linphone and add checkbutton to enable/disable it. It may take some time, because the goal for now is to stabilize the 1.0.0 release first.

Simon

Charles Eidsness wrote:

Hi All,

I've been working on an acoustic echo canceler for Linphone. I have something that kind-of works for me and thought I'd post it in case there's someone else out there interested. I think it just needs a little more tuning, I hope to have it functional someday.

I've been using Linphone 0.12.1, and am using uClibc on an embedded MIPS processor so there's a chance it may not work on another platform. I've been trying to keep everything as fixed-point math since there's no FPU on my processor but I did implement a couple filters as floating point. (I'm using soft-float from gcc compiler) Also, I borrowed liberally from the mark2 echo canceler which is part of the Zaptel package for Asterisk so you can look at it as well if you're super-keen.

I split my changes / additions into three patches to make them easier to take a quick look at:

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.source.patch
-- adds ec.c and ec.h to the mediastreamer

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.msEC.patch
-- adds msEC.c, msEC.h and test_ec to the mediastreamer

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.setup.patch
-- edits the mediastreamers Makefile.am, audiostream.c and mediastream.h to add a echo canceler filter block in the audio stream

members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linphone.0.12.1-ec.patch
-- all three patches in one file

Cheers,
Charles