Moving \dim or \cresc

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Moving \dim or \cresc
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:44:14 -0700

When I was experimenting with moving the X and Y offsets of \dim and \cresc, I found that X-offset doesn't seem to work with a tweak or an override.  In fact, I couldn't get \tweak or -\tweak to work at all with \dim and \cresc.  Only overriding the extra-offset worked.  This is okay, except that since it is done late in the rendering, nothing adjusts around it like an X-offset will.

Is there another way to move the X position of DynamicTextSpanners?  Here is an MWE:

\version "2.24.2"

moveDim = \override DynamicTextSpanner.extra-offset = #'(10 . 0) % this works
% moveDim = \override DynamicTextSpanner.X-offset = 10 % this doesn't work

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \relative { c''1 | c1 }
  \new Dynamics { \moveDim s1\dim | s1\! }
  \new Staff \relative { \clef bass c1 | c1 }

--
Knute Snortum