Re: function to force accidentals on a subset of notes

From: Michael Winter
Subject: Re: function to force accidentals on a subset of notes
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:37:33 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks Jean,

I am not sure I completely follow.

Lets say I have a music sequence:

a b c d e f g a bes c d e f g ...

How do I apply what you have written as a function to only show the flats and naturals for b and bes. Again. I do not want to apply this to individual notes.

Sorry if I am missing something.

Best,

Michael

Oct 21, 2023, 01:37 by jean@abou-samra.fr:

Try

\displayMusic c'!

This shows you that the ! syntax corresponds to setting the force-accidental property to true. Thus, if you have identified the note events you want to force accidentals on, you can do

(ly:music-set-property! the-note-event 'force-accidental #t)

on each of them.

Best,

Jean