Re: Is there a glyph? (or something) to indicate a clap in a vocal piece

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: Is there a glyph? (or something) to indicate a clap in a vocal piece?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:30:53 -0400

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 8:33 AM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm transcribing a pub song, and at one point, there's a lyric
> > "(clap)(clap)" with "X X" on the staff.
> >
> > I've seen that one can have a "\drum {hc4 hc4}" but I want something like a
> > layout of "| e4. a4. | X X g8 |" in 6/8 time all on one staff -- which I
> > guess in MIDI would probably be something like "r8 hc8 r8 hc8 r4" in a drum
> > track (voice?) for that measure with the claps...
>
> Something like
>
> \new OneStaff {
>   \new Staff {
>     \time 6/8
>     e4. a4. |
>     \drums \with { \omit TimeSignature } { r8 hc8 r8 hc8 r4 } |
>     a2.
>   }
> }
>
> maybe ?

Thanks. A step in the right direction, but now I have the lyrics in
the center of the staff, and the "(clap) (clap)" in the lyrics
skipping over the drum claps. See attached PNG. (Oh, I'm using "s8" in
place of "r8" too, but I'm thinking that isn't a mistake, since I
don't want rests to show up.) The minimum [non]-working example:

\score {
  \new OneStaff {
    <<
      \new Staff {