Re: How to have a parenthesized dynamic scripts including \cresc?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: How to have a parenthesized dynamic scripts including \cresc?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 14:36:57 +0200

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 at 14:01, Michael Gerdau <mgd@qata.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> use the following macro for parenthesized dynamics:

Hello,

I do not know why the NR mentions markup parentheses for parenthesized dynamics, whereas the parenthesize command works for DynamicText (with a tweak of parentheses font-size for a more pleasing result).

c4-\tweak Parentheses.font-size #3 -\parenthesize -\f

Ping @Werner LEMBERG and @Jean Abou Samra: should NR 1.3.1 Expressive marks attached to notes be modified (to have other examples as parenthesized dynamics for New dynamic marks) ?

> However it does not work for \cresc as
>   c4^\parendyn\cresc
> creates an empty () mark.
>
> Is there a way to extend the above macro to work with \cresc and \decr
> as well?

I have found LSR #1097
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1097

Kind regards,