Re: Question about condensed score

From: Rip _Mus
Subject: Re: Question about condensed score
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 19:03:39 +0200

Hello,
does anyone happen to have an answer?
I just can't understand this behavior...

Thank you

Il mer 16 ago 2023, 08:18 Rip _Mus <ripetizioni.musica@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Good morning everyone,
going back to the solution written by David, I found that simply adding the Duration_line_engraver causes the example to fail to compile.
Can anyone tell me why this happens?

Below is the minimal example:

%%%
global = {
  s1\break
  s1\break
  s1
}

flOne = \relative c' {
  e1
  r1
  e1
}

flTwo = \relative c' {
  c1
  r1
  c1
}

\new StaffGroup \with { \consists "Keep_alive_together_engraver" }

<<
  \new Staff \with {
    \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-layer = 1
    instrumentName = "Flute 1"
    shortInstrumentName = "Fl. 1"
  } <<\global \flOne>>
  \new Staff \with {
    \RemoveAllEmptyStaves
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-layer = 1
    instrumentName = "Flute 2"
    shortInstrumentName = "Fl. 2"
  } <<\global \flTwo>>
  \new Staff \with {
    instrumentName = "Flutes"
    shortInstrumentName = "Fl. 1-2"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-layer = 2
  } \partCombine \flOne \flTwo

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists "Duration_line_engraver"
%%%

Il giorno lun 14 ago 2023 alle ore 21:24 David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> ha scritto:
Rip _Mus <ripetizioni.musica@gmail.com> writes:

> wow!!
> Now I understand Knute's answer too.
> Unfortunately, opening the page in the Italian version, the documentation
> relating to the Keep_alive_together_engraver is not there.

Its internals are documented, but its remove-layer settings are not
really documented as a user-level feature.  Part of the reason is that
there should actually be a user-level layer of commands around the core
settings, and _that_ should then get user-level documentation.

But the skeleton of the feature can be made to walk without being
fleshed out.

> Thank you very much for the solution, thank you very much!

Well, it is more embarrassing than anything.  But occasionally I do
catch questions for that functionality.

--
David Kastrup