Re: Increasing default piano staff spacing

From: Jin Choi
Subject: Re: Increasing default piano staff spacing
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 09:35:11 -0400

Thank you. I read that page multiple times and couldn’t figure out the proper context to put it in. That works great.

On Aug 11, 2023, at 4:24 PM, Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 20:18, Jin Choi <jsc@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I have a passage of piano music with a lot of kneed beams between the staves, and there’s too few objects above the bass staff to force enough space. How can I increase the default spacing between the treble and bass parts of the piano staff?

Hello,

Add

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #12

See explanations in NR 4.4.1 Flexible vertical spacing within systems > Spacing of grouped staves