One-page page-turning

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: One-page page-turning
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 09:47:54 -0400

Hi there,

I see tablets proliferating in orchestras. And I rather like it
because updates to the charts are trivial for those not needing a
printer. So, rather than the traditional "two-side" page arrangement,
is there a way to have the ly:page-turn-breaking function to work for
a "one-sided" document ?

\version "2.25.8"

\paper { page-breaking = #ly:page-turn-breaking }

{
  \new Staff \with {
    \consists Page_turn_engraver
  }  {
    \compressEmptyMeasures
    \repeat unfold 60 {
      \repeat unfold #(* 10 4) c'4
      R1*7
    } \fine

People reading from a tablet are reading one page at the time and they
could benefit from this brain pause while triggering the page turn
with e.g. a Bluetooth pedal.

Thanks for any pointers :-)
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier