Re: insert a `Custos` grob manually

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: insert a `Custos` grob manually
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:38:49 +0200

Le mardi 28 mars 2023 à 15:31 +0000, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

I would like to have a command that inserts a `Custos` grob.  Note
that it should really be a `Custos` grob and not something else so
that `\BalloonGrobText Custos ...` works.

Is there a possibility to do that?

What is the context? Do you want the custos' pitch to be determined by the next note or do you want to make it arbitrary? Is it for the visual index?

This kind of works:

\version "2.24.1"

\new Staff \with {
  \consists Custos_engraver
}
{
  c'1
  \once \override Staff.Custos.break-visibility = #all-visible
  c'1
}

but it's not clear to me if that corresponds to your desired output.