Re: Coda/Segno sign color override not working: LiliyPond 2.24.0

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: Coda/Segno sign color override not working: LiliyPond 2.24.0
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 07:19:31 -0400

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 8:36 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le samedi 25 mars 2023 à 10:58 -0400, Mark Mathias a écrit :

Oops... Except it doesn't. The accent remains black when I run it in 2.24.0. (I'm only beginning to get a glimmer of how to use Scheme with LilyPond.)

In 2.24, articulation-type is a symbol, not a string. You need to remove the quotes around "staccato", etc. in the alist.

Thank you. Yes, that does it.

Now for a related question: If I use a 2.22.0 version statement and run convert-ly to 2.24.0 the quotes remain, so an update requires manual removal of those quotes to run properly. Is that because the snippet is a Scheme extension of LilyPond and therefore wasn't anticipated for the conversion?

Mark