spacing of invisible rests

From: Jaime Oliver
Subject: spacing of invisible rests
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:56:14 -0400

Hi all,

I am trying to control the amount of space that s events take on each bar so that I can make some bars longer. Is there a way I can specify this? Also, some bars which have values like R1 are also really short, how can I make those longer?

In other words, is there a way to make bars visually longer even if they show empty space?

I have tried things like the one below but have not had good results
\layout{
   \context {
        \Score
                  proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/32)
                  \override SpacingSpanner.base-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1/32)
                  \override SpacingSpanner.uniform-stretching = ##t

I am also attaching a screenshot so you can see the kinds of results I am getting.

All the best,

Jaime

image.png