Re: cross-staff stems

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: cross-staff stems
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 07:08:02 -0700

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:33 PM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> The documentation does not explicitly relate stem direction with
> location of command.  So I am very fortunate to have your expertise.

Can you please suggest a better wording that I can add to the
documentation?

Well, this is the first time I've heard that the \crossStaff shouldn't be applied to the lower notes.  The documentation ( https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-keyboards#cross_002dstaff-stems ) shows an example with the \crossStaff in the bass clef staff:

\layout {
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \consists "Span_stem_engraver"