Re: 2.25.2 optional fine endings

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: 2.25.2 optional fine endings
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 23:25:16 -0800

On 2023-03-11 10:34 pm, Paul Scott wrote:
This still gives the warning and I don't want any repeats there.

As the warning is indicating, you are trying to start a new volta bracket when one already exists.

You need to explicitly terminate the first one when you are using repeatCommands:
Aaron,

Thank you for the working example!

How did you get that from the documentation?  NR 1.4.1, Manual repeats shows this with a list which you are not using.

Quasi-quoting is a technique in Scheme that gives you some of the brevity of quoting but allows you to escape out to reference variable names or anything else that should not be quoted.

Consider:

  '((volta #f) (volta voltaCont))

This is almost correct, except we do not want voltaCont to be quoted but actually reference its value.

Using the backtick (`) instead of apostrophe (') begins quasi-quoting, and the comma (,) indicates "unquoting":

  `((volta #f) (volta ,voltaCont))

This is all part of Scheme rather than LilyPond in particular. There are plenty of resources online that cover the Scheme language by itself, but there is at least one [1] that was written with LilyPond in mind. Quasi-quoting is covered [2].

[1]: https://scheme-book.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
[2]: https://scheme-book.readthedocs.io/en/latest/scheme/quoting/unquoting.html

-- Aaron Hill