Re: Installing 2.24.1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Installing 2.24.1
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 04:44:17 +0000 (UTC)

> My experience installing Lilypond is with the Windows Installer.
>
> I know what a Zip file is yet I have never used one to install a
> program.  Is there some more detailed instructions than what is
> provided in The Graphical Setup for Windows?

What exactly is your problem?

The basic procedure is simple, assuming that you are using
Frescobaldi:

* Unpack the ZIP file in a directory of your liking.  Let's assume you
  do this in directory `C:\Users\me\`.  After unpacking, the LilyPond
  binary is `C:\Users\me\lilypond-2.24.1\bin\lilypond.exe`.

* Register this LilyPond binary (and probably other binaries; I use
  neither Windows nor Frescobaldi :-) in the Frescobaldi setup and you
  are done.

If you are working on the command line instead, you might have a look
at the PDF that comes with a current merge request

  https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1860#note_1307976050

     Werner