Re: Disable TextMark Collision Avoidance

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Disable TextMark Collision Avoidance
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 11:37:08 +0100

Le vendredi 10 mars 2023 à 02:46 -0500, 4w6xrf6b@duck.com a écrit :

I'm attempting to position a text mark just above the staff as I have with a text script, ignoring collision with the note.

\version "2.24.1"

% Is there a text mark analog to the following text script? {   \override TextScript.outside-staff-priority = ##f   c''2^"Long Text   "   c'''' }

% I thought the following example might place the text mark just above the staff and allow collision with the second note as the text script above, but the text mark avoids collision. Is there another way to allow collision with the note? {   \override TextMark.outside-staff-priority = ##f   \textMark "Long Text   "   c''2   c'''' }

Or how about a workaround?

I'd like to add a quick, "Thank You," to the contributors who read this. Thanks for the free software!

You're just missing the context.

\override Score.TextMark.outside-staff-priority = ##f
          ^^^^^^

Without it, the override is applied in the innermost enclosing context, namely a Voice in this case. That works for TextScript, which is created on Voice level, but not for TextMark, which is created on Score level. See also

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/the-override-command