Re: Musicalion

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Musicalion
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:25:43 +0100

To me they look fishy. Their „Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen“ (kind of rules
applying to all contracts) seem to be contradictory as well. In one spot they
request to be given all rights except for the copyright and at another spot
they explicitly state it remains possible to publish elsewhere. That’s at least
strange.

Sending out unsolicited emails from a business to a private person is not
allowed by German law.

The claim „Staatlich anerkannte Bibliothek“ w/o any further reference seems
highly fishy as well. Every properly endorsed library would very prominently
give exact details.

FWIW I never heard of them before and I doubt I’m interested to become a member.

My 0.02€
Michael