Re: vertical placement of trillspan and upbow

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: vertical placement of trillspan and upbow
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:47:56 -0500

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 9:56 AM Arjen <k.breinbaas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to switch the vertical stacking order of the upbow symbol and the trillspan in the following fragment by overriding the script-priority of the upbow symbol.
The upbow symbol should be the topmost.

\version "2.22.1"
\relative a'' {
  g1\startTrillSpan ( ~
  \once \override Script.script-priority = #1000
  g2\upbow\stopTrillSpan ~ \acciaccatura fis8 g8 e8)
}

I tried replacing "Script" with "TextScript", but it did not work either.
And I tried overriding TrillSpanner.script-priority to -1000 (placing it before the g1), which also didn't work.

Can someone please be so kind to explain how to accomplish this?

Regards,
Arjen

Try using outside-staff-priority instead. Also, I moved your \stopTrillSpanner over  so it extends underneath the upbow.

\version "2.22.1"

\relative a'' {
  g1\startTrillSpan ( ~
  \once \override Script.outside-staff-priority = #1000
  g2\upbow ~ \acciaccatura fis8\stopTrillSpan g8 e8)
}

Someone else will have to explain why script-priority hasn't any effect. That would enlighten both of us.

Hope This Helps!
Mark