Re: Message size limit

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Message size limit
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 16:53:11 +0100

Le samedi 04 mars 2023 à 16:45 +0100, Robin Bannister a écrit :

Jean Abou Samra wrote:

Hi,

We've been informed that the size of messages to this list containing large attachments is occasionally clogging up the GNU list server's mail delivery queue, causing distribution delays (not just for this list, but for everyone on the hundreds of other gnu.org lists).

To avoid this, your friendly list admins have configured a max message size of 512KB.

Is there any specific advice for users taking screenshots?

Not sure I understand the question. Why would they differ from other kinds of attachments?

Especially inline ones: those get copied when quoted, cf 2021-09.

What are you referring to precisely? There are lots of messages in the list archives for September 2021.