Re: Definition of repeats using segno and coda

From: Volodymyr Prokopyuk
Subject: Re: Definition of repeats using segno and coda
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:46:42 +0100

Hi Jean,

I've tried the minimal example and it works! Let me find out what is wrong with my real use case.

\version "2.24.8"

\relative {
  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
  \repeat segno 2 {
    a'1 1 1 1
    \alternative {
      \volta 1 { b1 1 1 1 }
      \volta 2 { \section \sectionLabel "Coda" }
  c1 1 1 1
}

image.png
Thank you for the snippet!
Vlad

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 9:09 PM Volodymyr Prokopyuk <volodymyrprokopyuk@gmail.com> wrote:
Good evening, Jean,

I've used the suggested repeat structure (see the attached code), but it does not produce the desired result (see the attached PDF). Sorry for not being compliant with the minimal example requirement.

By imperative instructions I mean not using the proposed code structure for repeats, but instead using explicit \codaMark and a literal text D.C. ... al Coda in the appropriate places in the code.

I'm using Lilypond 2.24.0.

Thank you,
Vlad