Re: `->` handled differently to `-.`?

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: `->` handled differently to `-.`?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 10:56:04 +0100

Hello Werner,

if you look into script.scm you’ll see that > and . are in fact handled
slightly differently. But this does not matter here. You can see on the cis
that the dot is there (sticking to the bottom of the cis). But without stem
the articulations are placed at the center line. This means that the b and the
. are in the same place. The only reason why this does not affect > here is
that the > is on a d. If you lower that d to a b you will see note and >
colliding.

Note that this is only happening because Lilypond is not able to assign a
direction to the Script without Stem. So if you explicitely give a direction
to these Scripts they will align nicely.

Cheers,
Valentin