Re: Lilypond zip file doesn't include the lilypond app?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Lilypond zip file doesn't include the lilypond app?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 02:30:10 +0100

Hello Benjamin,

Le lundi 20 février 2023 à 17:23 -0800, Benjamin Wilson a écrit :

Dear GNU project,
I recently downloaded Lilypond for Mac. It downloads as a zip file, but after I unzip the files I cannot locate an actual application that I can open. I see all kinds of supplements, but I can't actually find the application at all. I am running Ventura 13, so my system is up to date. Is there anything I am missing? Thanks in advance,

You are not missing any .app package, it simply doesn't exist, and you don't need it either, because LilyPond is a command-line program.

Where you downloaded LilyPond, i.e., https://lilypond.org/download.html, under "Essential links for new users", you can find the link to the learning manual, which shows how to get LilyPond running for the first time.

Best,

Jean