Re: Landscape output displays sideways

From: tim
Subject: Re: Landscape output displays sideways
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:54:00 -0500

On 17 Feb 2023 at 18:03, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> Le vendredi 17 février 2023 à 11:47 -0500, tim@risingdove.com a écrit :
> After some more investigation, it seems that my problem is not with
> Frescobaldi, but with Lilypond 2.24.1.
> The way you start your message, it sounds like you have already told the list about a
> problem, but I didn't receive anything?
I thought that I had posted before, but I was having some trouble getting mail to this list.
> My composition includes this block:
> \paper {
>   #(set-paper-size "letter" 'landscape)
> }
> The output is in landscape format, but it's displayed sideways. That is,
> the 8.5x11 page is displayed in portrait format, even though the music in
> it is in landscape. Apparently something is not being set properly in the
> PDF file to get it to rotate the page. It's always worked fine before, the
> output is landscape and is displayed properly.
> This sideways display appears both in Frescobaldi and in a separate PDF
> reader, so the problem must be in the PDF.
> Are you sure that it worked differently before?
It has certainly worked properly in the past. I may have missed the exact version that started messing up, but it's difficult to believe that *nobody* noticed it. I'm looking at a composition is version 2.18.2 that displays properly in landscape.
> For me,
> There is a big difference with
> \paper {
>   #(set-paper-size "letterlandscape")
> }
!! That makes it work! I don't get it, it seems to me that the "letter" 'landscape is misbehaving. But, good enough, I'll use "letterlandscape" from now on. Thanks!
I have another question. I get five of these messages:
warning: MIDI channel wrapped around
warning: remapping modulo 16
I am-generating a MIDI file, but the only line in the source file talking about MIDI is
  \midi {
    \tempo 2=100
  }
in the score block. What's going on.